The National Wild Turkey Federation posted the following tips to help your local Conservation Law Enforcement Officer:
- Keep a cell phone with you and call your local department of conservation as soon as you witness an illegal act.
- Notify officers if you spot someone hunting out of season.
- Participate in your state's Operation Game Thief or other outdoor crime stopper programs.
- Be safe, never confront poachers or trespassers.
- If the person leaves before an officer arrives, try to get a license plate number or physical description of the suspect.
- Help keep trespassers off your property by posting "No Hunting" signs