|Turkey decoys help create realism in your turkey-hunting setup. Here are a few quick tips to keep in mind when using turkey decoys.
- Set up decoys where turkeys can see them from a distance - along field edges, in a logging road, or in the open woods.
- Put the Tom close to the Hen.
- Set up decoys inside your pattern's range. Turkeys should head right to the decoys, so they'd better be in your shooting range.
- Call as little as possible. Once the turkey is coming into the decoy keep quite so you do not give away your position.
- Looks matter. Get the most life-like decoy you can find.
- When using a decoy, always set up with safety in mind. Keep a large tree at your back and keep an eye out for other hunters that might be hunting your decoy.